Rabo de Saia

Os factos aqui contidos são reais e qualquer semelhança com a ficção é mera coincidência.

 

segunda-feira, setembro 18, 2006

I know you know that I know

How does a toddler become an adolescent in less than a blink of an eye? And before you all go “pffff, what a common place,” lemme tell ya all that if us mothers are still struggling with this issue, I don’t see why we should stop going on and on about it.

How much is too much when it comes to guiding your children? When do you go from a loving mother to a control freak standing outside school gates half an hour before classes are over? How can you make sure your kids are ok without overprotecting them?

Is the answer in some kind of scientific breakthrough enabling humans to jump directly from 10 years old to adulthood without having to drive their parents nuts? Or, coming to think of it, don’t parents claim that kids drive them nuts even when they are adults?

I dare to say it may be much simpler. To me, it is just a matter of being around the house more rather inevitably facing motherhood as a task with deadlines, schedules and compensation. If only we could leave the work mind set at the door. If only the workplace took in more of the house rules rather than the opposite.

I long for that day when some enlightened soul appears on TV stating the obvious. That life is unbearable as is, that people do not spend enough time with their families and that the working week will be reduced to half.

Sure, you do sweat it off to raise a family. But isn’t it mad to go and sweat it off somewhere else so I can afford to pay some one else to take care of my kids and cook for me when I would kill to do that for myself?

Call me insane but you’re the crazy ones for thinking I am mad.

0 Espreitadelas:

Espreitar

<< Home